- Run half marathon in under 2 hours (SUCCESS)
- Run a 7:00 mile (SUCCESS)
- Run a sub-25:00 5K (SUCCESS)
- Get a new 5K PR (SUCCESS)
- Run a 10K race (SUCCESS)
- Run the Detroit Marathon! (SUCCESS)
- Reach my Weight Watchers goal weight (FAIL)
- Run as much as humanly possible without injury (SUCCESS...sort of)
What else did I manage to do this year?
- Ran six 5K races, taking home age group awards in four of them and setting new personal records twice (Shamrocks and Shenanigans in March; A Most Amazing Race in June)
- Ran two 10K races, setting a PR at the Dexter-Ann Arbor 10K in June
- Ran the Marine Corps Historic Half with my dad, which was a great experience
- Took first place female in the Run for the Rolls, which may be the only time that ever happens, and set a new mile PR as well (6:48)
- Ran 1330.3 total miles, which took 203 hours, 9 minutes, and 36 seconds (average pace: 9:11/mile) and burned 157,983 total calories
- Met a few of my fellow run-bloggers in real life (I'm still waiting to meet certain of the rest of y'all)
- Made the great leap into the 35-39 age group (does this mean I'm officially in my mid-thirties? that's only a stone's throw away from...FORTY)
- Qualify for the 2010 Boston Marathon at the Cleveland Marathon in May
- Run a sub-1:50 half marathon
- Run a sub-50:00 10K
- Set another new 5K PR (less than 22:44)
- OR break 22:00 in a 5K (this would be decidedly the more awesome of the two)
- Run 1500 miles for the year
- Run at least one race each month
In 11 days I launch my training for Cleveland. My nearly three months of the Do Whatever I Feel Like "plan" are almost over. It's time to get down to business. The business of BQ.
Happy New Year, everyone!
I shall conclude with my favorite photos of the past year.
My Dad and I after the Marine Corps Historic Half (May)
Finishing the Dexter-Ann Arbor 10K in 50:00 (new PR) (June)
Hill work in Dexter with the RF501 Gang (July)
With my plaque for winning the women's Run For The Rolls 1-mile (August)
During my first 20-mile run (September)
Finishing the Detroit Marathon in 3:52:01 (October)
In my Obsessed Runner "costume" on Halloween (October)
And one which has not yet been seen: At the Chelsea/Dexter RF501 end-of-season party. I won a six-pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon (aka "PBR," aka "Pretty Bad Refreshment") in a random drawing. Victor traded me for a bottle of Unibroue Maudite for the remainder of the sixer at the conclusion of the evening. I think I got the better end of that deal.