Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Derailed

That thing that's been going around? You know, that germ, that bug, that whatever-it-is that everyone and their brother and their brother's girlfriend seems to have? Yeah, I've got it.

I haven't run since last Thursday. I spent four days in a near-comatose state wrapped in my comforter in bed only moving to go to the bathroom. I ate one piece of toast, two milk and strawberry smoothies, and one small bowl of tuna noodle casserole in three days. I lost seven pounds. I slept for 22 hours on Sunday. I missed work both Friday and Monday. My lungs are full of garbage. I got tired using the stairs yesterday.

Things aren't so hot right now. I'm hoping I can rebound enough to do some light running this weekend. The half marathon training schedule has been put on hold for the moment.

1 comment:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Wow. Sorry you're under the weather. The good news is you'll feel SO good once you're well!

Yeah. Well, gotta look for a bright spot wherever you can find one.