Thursday, May 1, 2008

Unofficial Milestone

My highest recorded weight was 223 lbs (pre-Weight Watchers).

Yesterday morning I weighed myself. 153 lbs.

I have lost 70 pounds. 70. I can't even wrap my head around that number. That's like, an entire small child.

After being on a plateau for so long I changed two things: I began exercising in the morning and I switched to the Weight Watchers Core program. You know that saying about how "doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity?" Well, clearly doing the same thing over and over wasn't working for me, so I changed everything.

And it's working. Man, is it ever working. With the Core program, I do not have to track Points and only eat a certain number of daily Points based on my weight. I eat foods from the Core Food List and I can eat generous portions of them (but not to the point of stuffing myself; I still have to practice portion control). I think I desperately needed the additional fuel and my diet is leaner and more vegetable-heavy than ever (and good thing, too, since my weekly boxes from my farm share start rolling in at the end of this month).

Next week's weigh-in will be a big one, as I fully expect to drop the 2.4 lbs from my Tuesday weigh-in of 155.6 and reach the 65-lbs lost mark on the program.

I admit to being somewhat thrilled by the attention I get at meetings during "awards time." At this point I am the biggest loser in my meeting group. Someone in my meeting even told me I was her "Weight Watchers idol." I probably blushed and looked sheepish. I am pleased, though, that my success might have a positive effect on the other members. When I first started, I was awed by the people in my meeting who had lost 40, 50, or 60 pounds. I fervently hoped I would be able to do the same. If they could do it, certainly I could, too.

And now I have.

5 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Congratulations! That's a fantastic accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! 70 is a huge number, you should be so proud of yourself. And it's great that other can get inspired by your success.

Nitmos said...

Awesome!

The Idol of Weight Watchers. That is funny. Do you get to vote other people out of the group though?

Anonymous said...

Good on ya!
Glad to hear good things abt the core program--the one time I did Weight Watchers I got completely obsessive abotu the points and then went so off the rails I gained back more than what I'd lost.

Zoomy said...

That is fantastic! I know how hard it is to lose. A few years back I lost 60, but have only been able to maintain 40. Getting those 20 off a second time has proven to be a daunting task. One would think that running 30-40 miles/week would make the pounds fly off...ha. Running makes me ravenous...not eating enough makes my runs tank. It's a catch-22 if I ever saw one.

:p