- Is it weird that I find the sentence "The most direct experimental signature of a compactified extra dimension would be the appearance of an infinite tower of Kaluza-Klein particles" really exciting?
- Note to organizers of the Run for the Rolls: I hereby request you change the name of the event to "The Bun Run." (big kudos to the sister of my RF501 teammate Kara for this one.)
- My co-worker keeps a jar of candy for everyone to enjoy. Recently little boxes of Milk Duds have been added to the mix. I am in so much trouble. (MDs are my favorite candy Of All Time.)
- You know you're a runner when you keep a copy of your training schedule in your cubicle for easy reference during the day.
- You also know you're a runner when you have this stuff on/near your nightstand (read photo notes).
- Well wishes and good vibes are in order for my fellow run-blogger and Michigander Nitmos.
- John made his first batch of homebrewed beer over the weekend. In two weeks (approximately) we will have our very own beer!
- Listening to Phedippidations today I heard this: "If you have an opportunity--not a perfect opportunity--and you don't take it you may never have another chance." I took this as a sign I am meant to follow through with my crazy plan to attempt to BQ in the Detroit Marathon.
- My new Song Obsession of the Moment: Okkervil River's "Lost Coastlines."
- Today is FINALLY going to be a good day at Weight Watchers weigh-in. I weighed myself yesterday and was pleased. I have also noticed I've acquired a strange angular and sinewy appearance. I think the fat is being vacuumed off my frame. My collarbones and sternum are protruding more than ever. Now, if only I can lay off the Milk Duds...
- My ankle does not hurt. My ankle does not hurt. My ankle does not hurt. (do you think if I say it enough times that will make it true?)
- How about that amazing comeback and massive upset win pulled off by my beloved Michigan Wolverines against Wisconsin on Saturday! Go Blue!!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Because I have all these things banging around in my head, clamoring to get out...