Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thursday Thoughts: Meet Frankenboot!

I knew I was not going to get away with doing nothing after the revelation about my plantaris rupture. My usual tactic of "pretend it's not there and it might go away" (hey, it's worked before!) would not suffice.

Two out of two doctors surveyed said:

"You must wear the boot."

Say hello to my little friend
I will be hauling Frankenboot around for two weeks. It's not uncomfortable (yet). It doesn't make my foot sweat (yet). I described the way it feels as "my leg is being hugged." It's not glued to my leg 24/7.

Nevertheless, it is not ideal. I keep telling myself that two weeks of annoyance now means I will be able to run again in the near future. In the meantime, I will be doing some SERIOUS upper body strength training. My arms are going to be RIPPED.

I sent the Redhead an email yesterday when I learned I was going to be strapped into a boot. If anyone would understand, it would be her; she's been carting around Das Boot for a month. The subject line of the email said:

"UGGGHHHHHHHHH"

That pretty much sums it up.

We went out to lunch today, which presented an epic picture opportunity. Even in the midst of mutual disappointment and exasperation, we know how to find a silver lining.

Plastic and velcro are IN for summer! Institutional gray or funereal black, take your pick!

8 comments:

Dave Whinnem said...

Sorry to hear about the boot...I guess great minds think alike since I got mine on the same day :-)
I just came across your blog after reading Morgans
Hope you get get healed....Nice meeting ya at the Expo

Jodi H said...

Oh no Sarah, I am so sorry to hear this. Sure hope you heal soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope the Canal Days walk did not prompt the boot!

Lace Up And Run said...

Just keep in your mind....this is all temporary and you WILL be running soon! Just a little blip on the radar right now!

Nice boot, btw! You're stylin'!

Sun Runner said...

@Holly: no, I don't think so...it couldn't get any worse than it was already.

joyRuN said...

Ugh - I hate that thing. Just watch your back & hip alignment with it - my boot completely threw me off for months afterwards.

Good luck.

Jen Feeny said...

We are so hot and I love your new nickname for it!!! LOL!

B. Kramer said...

Put you two together and you have a runner. Get better fast. Cheers!