Friday, April 23, 2010

Tease

Because I just know you're all waiting for something relating to the Boston Marathon (race report forthcoming; I just ordered an incredibly expensive CD of all my Official Race Photos and I'd like to use some of them in my post, so I'm going to wait until that arrives; for $100 it should be here TODAY and hand-delivered by Ryan Hall and Brian Sell1), I'm going to throw y'all a wee bone. And because this is me we're talking about here, it should come as NO surprise this is the picture I have chosen to represent my day:


Victory tastes like a Harpoon IPA served cold in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

1: The fact that I just name-dropped two runners as my Dream Postpeople has just qualified me as World's Biggest Running Nerd.

9 comments:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Wait. I thought Ryan Hall and Brian Sell were the pop duo Oats and Hall (so called because Quaker Oats are what Brian "Selly" Sell used to sell in his Sellsman daze).

Are you sure they're runners?

Because I've never heard that.

But I LOVE their hit single "Sarah Snarl". (Full title: "Sarah (D-MI) Snarl".)

Jen Feeny said...

LOL! You crack me up. Can't wait for the REAL recap. :)

B. Kramer said...

This is the only part I cared about anyway. Cheers!

Tricia said...

Congrats to you! On Monday, my spinning instructor at the AA YMCA designed our workout in an homage to the Boston Marathon. She's run it before, so she was telling us where we'd be on the real course. It was fun, and the whole time I was thinking "isn't Sarah that I met at the MLFB cookie party going to be running this? I'm pretty sure she is."

Maggs said...

Drink up. You deserve it.

Funnyrunner said...

WAHOO! I just did my first boston, too! I have that shirt! :)

congrats!

Robert James Reese said...

Nice. For me, victory tasted like a Sam Adams Summer Lager outside Fenway. :-)

Paul Rhodes said...

Paul here, runner from Sydney, thanks for a great report and the before and fater photos, im down from 120kg to 100kg, first half this weekend.......http://runnershigh-paul.blogspot.com/

Paul Rhodes said...

haha, sorry before and AFTER photos