Sunday, March 25, 2012

Moist

For the record, I hate that word (also: "panties." UGH). However, it is the most accurate description of my run this morning. Fog hugged the ground and the ceiling of clouds hung low. A few random raindrops fell on my hair and face, and I felt as if I were in a grocery store mister; it was delightfully cool and refreshing. I managed 5.3 miles of my planned 6, cutting it short because of a bathroom emergency: the Beast of the GI Tract awakened around mile 4. Rain began coming down much harder as well when I had about 1/2 mile left, and cemented my decision to break for home sooner than expected. I felt much stronger than I did last week even though my pace was glacial. At least I didn't want to curl up on the floor when I got home.

I'm in my Ohio hometown for the weekend to celebrate my little nephews' birthdays. Yesterday was the big party, after which my parents and I visited a local beer-and-burgers establishment for dinner, where I enjoyed a Bluegrass Brewing Bourbon Barrel Ale (pictured). I decided I deserved it for surviving 3 hours of stampeding, shrieking, crying, whining, yelling little kids.

I finally got my training plan for Dexter-Ann Arbor typed up and printed out. All in all, it's just another spreadsheet on the wall. Ten weeks to the race!

7 comments:

B. Kramer said...

Congrats on settling on a training plan. You definitely deserved a good beer. Cheers!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Wow. Drank two-thirds of that pint before they could even click their camera phones.

If you were a dude? "Moist" and "panties" would be tow of your favorite words. And working in concert as a phrase? YOUR MOST FAVORITEST PHRASE EVAH!1!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Uh, "two".

Not "tow".

Robert James Reese said...

Tow probably wouldn't be one of your favorite words.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

I'm not embarrassed about having orgasms when I run.

But breaking into a trot while making love?

That's another story.

Really good cardio workout, though.

Nitmos said...

You are right at the point of a beer where you can start dreaming about what to order next. The possibilities!

B.o.B. said...

nice job and good picture! funny you mention the words you hate b/c they are the EXACT same words one of mines and Red's friend hates. eerily the same actually. what's up with you two? lol