Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thursday Thoughts: March Onward!

Howdy, folks.

Yes, I admit it's been a good long while since I last posted. There's too much to say, so I shall simply show.

Cat antics: Boo "helps" me fold laundry. SOCK ATTACK!

More cat antics: Darwin beats up on his favorite cat toy.

I reorganized my entire T-shirt collection. This one is from a cross-country invitational my sophomore year in high school (which my team won, by the way). Of COURSE I kept it...it's a priceless relic!

I did the American Lung Association Fight for Air Stair Climb at the Renaissance Center in Detroit for the third time. 1,035 steps in 12:28!
Red and I have done many midday runs together. We started with a mile on the University of Michigan track and are now running 3.5M on the sidewalk. The weather has been very cooperative.

Many delicious beers were consumed. These are two different IPAs at the Corner Brewery in Ypsilanti. I also visited a new brewery in South Lyon, Witch's Hat, for the first time.

I have hashed more in the last month than I have in a long while. I am now up to 66 hashes with my home kennel. This picture of me and the Engineer was at a weekday evening hash in Toledo.
In other news:
  • I have lost about 15 pounds on Weight Watchers thus far
  • I am running four to five days a week, perhaps 20 miles a week total.
  • I registered for the Dexter-Ann Arbor Half Marathon on June 3.
  • I am finally starting to feel like a "real runner" again.

6 comments:

C said...

KITTIES!!

I'm sure you wrote many lovely things in this post, but I saw nothing after the furballs. Adorable creatures.

B. Kramer said...

Looks like it's been a good month. Congrats on the return to "real runner" status.

I'm thinking I should find a local hash this year.

They don't make race shirts like they used to ... cheers!

Jen Feeny said...

I am so thankful for being able to share in this awesome comeback with you!!!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Damnit, I want to hash too! Well, I have been consuming BEvERages which keeps me in shape to hash.....

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

That's quite the accomplishment, losing weight while hashing.

I could stand to lose some of this mesial spare tire I got going on but I think at this point I'd either have to commit to cutting out beer altogether for awhile to drinking nothing but crappy light beer.

Neither of those things are gonna happen.

Beer and Robin's minstrels ... and there was much rejoicing.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

that should be "or" not "to". You'll know where when you see it in my previous comment.