Monday, July 2, 2007

Run Report: Monday Morning

This morning I was scheduled to run three miles. When I got up at 6:00 it was very crisp and cool outside (about 48 degrees) so I decided to run from home instead of going to the gym. I even had to put on pants and a long-sleeved T-shirt. This was my route today: Fire Station Loop. I call it that because it passes the Chelsea fire station. How creative, no?

It was a lovely morning. I enjoyed the stillness, the lack of traffic, the sun just beginning to rise through the trees. I passed a couple of other early-morning runners. I felt good, relaxed, moving easily. I wasn't breathing hard. Towards the end I powered up the hill on Summit between Grant and Garfield. By "hill" I mean a tiny bump with a vertical rise of about 20 feet. It's the best I can do around here..I live in Flatland! I did the 3.25 miles in 31 minutes, which works out to about 9:32 minutes per mile. That's decent. I wasn't in any hurry. It was such a nice morning I felt I could have gone farther but 3 miles was all I was scheduled for, so 3 miles was it. In any case, in a couple of months I will be doing 5 and 6 miles for my regular weekday runs anyway, so I will have plenty of opportunities to run further if I feel perky.

No comments: