Saturday, November 1, 2008

Least Creative Costume Ever

You know you're a runner when...

...you dress up as one for Halloween. Or would that be you dress up as yourself?

My shirt and headband say it all, I think.

Last night John and I went to a Halloween party at a local brewpub. I wanted to fully participate in the spirit of the evening; however, lacking in both creativity and advance planning skills, I decided to dress up as the runner me. A pair of tights, "Obsessed Runner" shirt, a bunch of old race bibs, and my marathon jacket later, I was all set.

Enjoying some Espresso Love. My eyes are closed because it's that good.

Don't mind John. He just got out of prison. (Grand theft auto, if you must know. Prisoner number 8675309.)

With my Brasserie Blonde. Or maybe it was the Sacred Cow IPA at this point...I don't really know...

Me and my fellow beer-a-holic friend Patti (dressed up as Britney Spears) who can also be seen here.

And no, I did not bounce out of bed this morning and go for a long run like I had intended. Why do you ask?

11 comments:

Kristin said...

A few years ago I decided to go for a run on Halloween evening. I thought it would be fun to see all the decorations and the kids in costume. It wasn't as much fun as I thought, though, because I kept having to slow down or veer around crowds of kids and parents who had the nerve to block the sidewalk. Can you imagine? :) A few people did, however, ask if I was dressed up as a runner for Halloween.

BeachRunner said...

Great costume! Looks like a really fun Halloween night. Now get out and run tomorrow.

Unknown said...

I so thought about that too. It was just the easy, simple thing to do!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Congratulations for having the presence of mind to phone it in, costume-wise. Flashy costumes just detract from the True Meaning of Halloween, which, let me remind everyone again, is supposed to be about The BEER. After all, you can't spell "Halloween" without "Oh! New Ale, L!" which is exactly what I say to my friend L each Halloween. I'm a traditionalist, like you.

People who try to take the "Oh! New Ale, L!" out of Halloween disgust me. Heathens!

a2karen said...

I know Patti too. Hello my (sorry not Chelsea) blog is treetowntalk.com if you want to check it out. Love yours & the picture of Patti too.

I'm trying to get back to running. That is a different story. Anyway nice to see your blog and "meet" you.

Karen Moorhead

tfh said...

Looks like a fun Halloween, even if fake runner you sabotaged real runner you (or maybe especially since...).

Anonymous said...

Love the costume! Your smile in the first pictures is gorgeous!

B. Kramer said...

Well, yes, that is uncreative. But at least there was beer.

Unknown said...

Totally off Halloween topic, but I heard your race report on the latest Fdip episode today. Congratulations! Sounds like quite the experience, though I hope my first goes a bit smoother. Run long and taper, fellow runner.

Jess said...

Haha I went as a runner last year...uncreative, but easy and cheap lol

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

We had a costume night at our local run club and several showed up dressed just like you..lol.

I had an interesting couple of kids show up at my door for halloween. They were dressed in plaid flannel jackets and jeans. Taped to their jackets the sign read "nudists on strike"...lol.