Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Get Ready...And We're Off!

This morning I did the first of many, many, many marathon training runs to come over the next four months.

No turning back now!

I also attended my first Running Fit 501 session last night during which I ran a two-mile time trial. I hammered it and put up two 7:12 miles for a total of 14:24. That was a mite faster than I expected but that performance bolstered my hopes for a new 5K PR (and the shaving of my 5K Stubble Time) at a race I will be doing this coming Sunday in Cleveland Heights, Ohio.

Finally, everyone visit Viper my fellow drinker with a running problem and wish him good luck on his Towpath Trail Summer Solstice Challenge, aka the "I think you're nuts but whatever floats your boat" run.

3 comments:

Zoomy said...

Oh, yay!!! You're on your way to Detroit! I hope the next few months find you injury free and really strong.

:D

Anonymous said...

Sarah, would you consider yourself a hasher? I just met a few of these dedicated runner-types this weekend and have to say you exhibit many of the trademarks...

Sun Runner said...

Not a hasher...yet. There's a group in Ann Arbor, however...