Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Proud Moment

At weigh-in on Tuesday there was a new receptionist. I stepped up to her station and onto the scale. This was a good week; I lost another 3.2 lbs (I blame vegetables) and am finally back to where I was pre-half marathon. She looked at my weigh-in card and said, "Do you have a weight goal yet? You're inside our [Weight Watchers'] weight range for your height."

"Well, I think I want to lose a total of 75 pounds, which would put me at 143. I'm getting really close." (true: only 10 more pounds to go!)

"Wow...I mean, how have you done it? I mean, what's keeping you motivated?"

HERE IT COMES

WAIT FOR IT

I FINALLY GOT TO SAY IT!

"I'm a long-distance runner."

YEAH!

5 comments:

chia said...

You're a superstar :-D!!! Congrats, that's really cool.

USJogger said...

Congrats! Feels good, don't it? I've been running for 10 years, running distance for about 2. I've completed a marathon and I'm training for my second. And sometimes I still don't think of myself as a "real" runner!

Just remember that feeling when you are dragging during the next long run!

Jogger

Nitmos said...

That should have L.D.R. badges we can all wear around to show our proud. Of course, people probably catch on as we are typically seen in some sort of race t-shirt.

B. Kramer said...

Did place your fists on your hips when you said this? This is what I do just before I start humming the theme song.

Zoomy said...

Sooo...inquiring minds wanna know--what was her response?!

:)

WTG, girl. I am always so astounded by those who can run AND lose. I seem to struggle to do both. Something always has to give.