Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Milestone

If my home scale is to be believed, I weighed 163 pounds this morning. This is important because my highest recorded weight (doctor's office visit, maybe late 2005) was 223. Which means that I have lost 60 pounds. 60 pounds!! Of course, by the end of the day, the scale at Weight Watchers may say something different (it always does). Oh, whatever...I'm back on track again after those two annoying weeks of gains.

I don't even want to start thinking about dropping into the 150s. I haven't been below 160 pounds since...uh...??? I know it was in college sometime, so at least 10 years ago. I don't want to get prematurely worked up about the one-fives (but when I see "159" on the scale for the first time...oh man).

With the time change I actually have a bit of morning light to run by. I know it won't last long so I will try to take advantage of it. This morning, along with the (somewhat gloomy, overcast) sunrise, I also encountered...snow. That's right folks, it be snowin' here in southeast Michigan. Well, not any more, but it was earlier. Now, for those of you who don't know, I absolutely HATE HATE HATE HATE cold and winter. I was born and raised in northern California where if the one inch of water in the birdbath iced over once all winter it was a major event. We moved to Cleveland when I was 13 and despite now having spent well over half my life in the Midwest I still hate winter. I've gotten used to winter, but I don't like it. Not at all.

Therefore, the fact that I went running outside this morning WHILE IT WAS SNOWING is grounds for me to ponder whether or not I've totally gone insane.

1 comment:

Fritz said...

I choose to think of it as insane in one aspect of your life (running) which keeps you balanced and sane everywhere else.

Besides, I love the feeling of being warm and toasty in my running clothes when the weather is windy, rainy and cold. Makes me think I can (1) overcome mother nature and (2) justify all the money I've spent on all the expensive tech gear I've bought.

Speaking of expensive tech gear, running fit will be having their one really good sale Nov 30-Dec 2. 20% off gear, including shoes. Something you may want to put on your calendar. :)

Want to hear a small worldism? I've known your step-son since July, and work at the Running Fit where he's taking the running class. Weird, eh?

Cheers!