Monday, December 8, 2008

Cleveland Rocks!

Here we go, folks. My quest for the 2010 Boston Marathon begins.

Registration Confirmation for:

Dear Sarah,

Congratulations! You are now registered for Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K. Please check the event's official website for updates: http://www.clevelandmarathon.com

Event Name: Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon, Half Marathon & 10K
Date & Time: May 17, 2009 07:00 AM
Location: St. Clair/E. 13TH St. Near the Galleria Mall (map)

Packet Pickup Information

Location:

Cleveland Convention Center
Hall D
500 Lakeside Ave E.
Cleveland, OH 44114

Dates/Times:
Friday, May 15, 2009 from 11:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday, May 16, 2009 from 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK UP

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very exciting!! What's the course like? Do describe, post links of elevation etc.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I smell a BQ!

Jess said...

That's super exciting! Good luck on the BQ!

BeachRunner said...

Wooo HOO!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Cleveland Marathon Amber Ale! Have it brewed by June (better make it three batches, just to be sure) then invite us free-loading beer-drinking runners over and we'll shoot snot rockets all over your new backyard patio, discuss how you BQ'd at Cleveland, and take up a collection to pay your bus fare (third class) to Boston!

I'm in!

Bet you do Cleveland in 3 and a half or under!

B. Kramer said...

Good luck. A friend of mine BQ'd in Cleveland this year. It's possible. I hear the Lake Erie headwind during the second half is a bitch. I'll probably be doing the half. Cheers!

Nitmos said...

Well, good luck! Hopefully we have a short winter and early spring or our May marathons could need some last minute goal engineering.

Sun Runner said...

PF-- I've heard it's the ever-popular "flat & fast," with minimal grades. All of which bodes well for my BQ attempt.

GQH-- Bet you do Cleveland in 3 and a half or under! Well, thanks for the vote of confidence, but I think that's a WEE bit ambitious. :) Right now I'm sticking with 3:45:59.

And I'll let Great Lakes Brewing do the brewing for me. I think a large amount of Burning River Pale Ale is in order.

Viper-- The wind off Lake Erie can't be any worse than the wind at the crest of the Ambassador Bridge or the barren plains of Belle Isle. I'll be ready.

Nitmos-- Dude. Short winter? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Have you looked outside lately? :)

Bruce said...

Good luck in Cleveland! I have done it last 2 years and plan to be there again in '09.