Friday, September 28, 2007

Shiny New Toy!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I own a Garmin Forerunner 305! EEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

The deal was John got to purchase a bass guitar and I got to purchase a Garmin. We all need our shiny new toys! He got the bass Wednesday and yesterday after work I came home, said, "Let's go out to dinner and then to Running Fit so I can get my Garmin!" And we did, and I did!

As soon as we got home I plugged it in to charge it and it's still sitting there, waiting for me to get home from work today so I can play with it. I might even have to go for a short run around town to road-test it before the race on Sunday.

Running Fit got in their first shipment of new winter running clothes and I was drawn to the shiny display like a moth to a flame...I got a Nike Dri-Fit long-sleeved shirt and a Brooks vest. I really, really needed a long-sleeved tech shirt and a new, high-visibility vest, of course! Oh, and I also got a whole box of Chocolate Outrage Gu.

My friend Elizabeth once said something to me about once upon a time she thought all one needed for running was a good pair of shoes...cheap sport, right?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA! Oh...(wipes eyes)...sigh.

3 comments:

Fritz said...

Welcome to the 305 club! It really is a wonderful world, but it can be disconcerting... one time I forgot to charge mine and had to run without it. I felt naked. :P

A couple of friendly suggestions- if you tell it to "autolap" after every mile, you get your mile splits for every run. It's a very nice feature. Also, a good screen to have active is the "lap pace" rather than just "pace." Pace jumps around a lot, and no one really knows why.

Good choices on the clothes, too! I've been lusting after a lot of the winter apparel since its come in, but it's hard to justify since I have all of last year's stuff and it's still in the 70s. *sigh*

Tina said...

Enjoy the 305, I love mine! Enjoy your vest, too! I've been drooling over the Brooks Nightlife jacket. One of my running group pals said she got it last winter, and it's remarkably waterproof, yet breathable. Also really want this Sugoi top. It has a freaking "ponytail port" in the hood. Not to mention Yak Trax so I can run outdoors without slipping. I have a feeling I'll be spending LOTS of $$ at Running Fit this year.

Unknown said...

The 305 rocks! I just got mine too!