Tuesday, July 3, 2007

It Happens!

My weigh-in at WW tonight was less than fabulous...I gained something like 3 lbs. over the past week. I've stopped beating myself up when this happens. It happens. I've come to accept it. I can't pinpoint exactly where I went astray over the past week. The chips and bratwurst on Sunday? The deli sandwich on Saturday? The black bean burger and fries from yesterday? It does no good to dwell obsessively on these things. So I gained a little. You know what? I've still lost FORTY POUNDS! That is an accomplishment that can't be negated by a gain here or there.

Tonight for dinner we had barbequed pork chops with a mustard seed-thyme dry rub, leftover potato salad from Sunday, and steamed asparagus (for me). As far as I'm concerned, that was a perfectly healthy meal. The potato salad was made with organic new potatoes from Tantré Farm that I picked up at the Chelsea Farmers' Market on Saturday. With the taters were diced red onions and lovage and parsley from my herb garden (organic herbs, if you would like to be precise). To moisten the dish: a dressing of Dijon mustard, cider vinegar, and olive oil was added. No mayonnaise or any of that other ubiquitous fatty creaminess that dominates the potato salad world. Honestly, I hate potato salad. Unless it's the one that I make with lovage. Not a dollop of gloop to be seen!

No comments: